How are you springing out into the rest of this year?
Whether it’s because it’s spring, the second quarter, or the fact that the world feels like it’s coming back to life, it feels like we should be planning and taking some next steps, right?
But if I’ve learned anything over this past year of pandemic, it’s that planning can be a precarious endeavor in these times. So I’ve been very curious about how others are approaching this time of possibility.
Here are a few interesting and useful approaches, articles, podcasts, essays and prayers that I’ve discovered this month:
- My coach friend Shoshanna Hecht created a thoughtful exercise called “Excited About The After” to help you prepare for your new life blend.
- Podcaster and author Kate Hanley offered an entire week of podcasts called Spring Cleaning Your Life (Eps. 417-421) with a focus on coming out of the pandemic. Start with this episode here.
- Jason Gay of the The Wall Street Journal penned a thoughtful piece called As a Window Opens a Plea for Patience and Grace honoring that getting back to normal might take some adjusting.
- Check out one of my favorite essayists, Sarah Balsley, as she intimately and vulnerably shares I’m Not Ready on her blog.
- And if you are looking for some spiritual inspiration, I discovered this little prayer book called EMERGE: Blessings and Rituals for Unsheltering. It has just the right balance of seriousness AND levity that is needed right now.
Personally, I can only wrap my head around the next 2+ months and basically getting me and my family (we’ve got some milestones happening!) mentally and emotionally into summer. Over this time, though, I’d like (or I’m hoping) to be really intentional about how to make the most of the second half of 2021.
What about you? How are you approaching this time?
If you are trying to figure out how to best show up and be seen, let’s chat and make it happen. Head over to my calendar here and let’s schedule some time to chat!